Are you looking for a beautiful barn wedding with rustic charm and timeless elegance? Do you want a casual, intimate event for your closest family and friends? Or are you after a serene outdoor affair? You can have all of the above at Walnut Hill.
Whatever your vision for your wedding, reception or event of any kind, we’re here to help you.
What can you expect when planning a wedding at Walnut Hill?
- Unlimited visits: You’re welcome to visit the farm as many times as you’d like leading up to your big day. Use the time to perfect your vision, speak to us about the different decorating options, meet with other vendors and more. We want your day to be exactly what you want, and we’re happy to offer you the time to make it exactly that.
- Tables, chairs, & decor: We have a long list of items available to you for your event, including tables, chairs, linens, decor (large and small), dance floor, and more. We’ll be happy to provide you with the complete list when you visit for your tour. Our goal is to ensure that you have access to what you need so you don’t have to deal with the hassle of renting all these individual items. These are built into the price too!
- A personal touch: The Walnut Hill property comes complete with a beautiful red barn, rolling pastures, old, towering trees and grazing horses. These things help set the scene, but you have the opportunity to make the venue exactly what you want. Have something specific in mind? We’ll work with you to make sure your wedding has your own personal touch that is unique to you alone.
- A consultative approach: We’re both retired school teachers, and we spent more than 70 collective years providing 1:1 help to students to see them succeed. We’re happy to continue that approach with the venue as well. From our first phone call or meeting, we’re going to be available to you to make sure your vision becomes reality.
- Vendor recommendations: We’re aware that weddings come with tons of moving parts, which is why we’re happy to make recommendations where we can. If you’re interested in a referral for a caterer, photographer, musician or just about anything else, just ask! If we’re willing to recommend them, then you can know that we’ve worked with that vendor previously and trust them to provide high-quality service.
- Picturesque photos: We won’t take the photos for you, but the scenery provides quite the backdrop. Even amateur photographers can walk away with a great shot. We’re happy for you to have your engagement photos and bridal portraits taken on the grounds, and your photographer will be too!
- Peace and tranquility: We’re enough far away from the big cities for you to be able to relax in the open countryside, but we’re not so far out that you’ll feel lost! We’re near Mooresville and Salisbury, NC, and an easy drive from Charlotte or Greensboro as well.
- All-in-one venue: When you book your wedding with us, you have access to the venue for the duration of that weekend, which means that you can (if you so choose) host your rehearsal dinner, wedding, and reception all in one location.